Thursday, September 3, 2009

"It's a Major Award"

"Tonight, tonight, tonight. Its coming tonight!" I love the movie "A Christmas Story." Someone else in blog world must have loved it too, as they took that leg lamp and ran with it. (Er...can a one legged lamp run??!!) Well, at least they created a blog award. (Leg lamp style!) Gayle, over at Planet M, passed it on to me. We have gotten to know each other in blog land. I wonder if she knows how much I love that movie? “This award is for anyone who likes to smile and/or laugh, and just generally spreads that along in the blogging world we all travel in.”


Thanks, Gayle!

Here are the rules of this award:


Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and add his or her blog link.


Pass the award to bloggers who like to smile and/or laugh.

Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

And so I'm sharing this award with a couple of blogs that make me happy every time I visit. I'm also inspired by their funny/happy attitudes while dealing with some challenges. They amaze me!


  1. Little LC Boom Boom A former student adopted the most adorable little girl. This blog with pictures and videos is sure to make you smile. My former student is a talented, creative writer with the best sense of humor. She also has a huge heart. Did I mention that her daughter has Down Syndrome? If you want to be inspired, uplifted, and start the day with a lot of joy, visit LC. You will start looking at your world differently. (Another student I can take no credit for. She was amazing long before I got to spend a year with her! But I am oh-so-proud to be connected to her at all!)

  2. Spontaneous Clapping-- This young woman has faced cancer. She posted pictures of her beautiful bald head. Her blog isn't about her cancer. It is about her LIFE. She finds a lot of joy in daily living and she passes it on.

When you read these blogs, you will find yourself complaining less and enjoying every day a little more.

There are so many blogs that I love to visit. But I think these two really need a Major Award Leg Lamp in their life!

3 comments:

CottageGirl said...

Amazing story about a small town's survival. Very inspirational. Best wishes to you.
I, too, am a teacher. Our older son is a HS principal, our other is a school psychologist, both of our daughters-in-law are teachers as well as my sister-in-law. We always are talking about how much we learn from our students.
Congrats on the award!
Great blog!

Pugelicious said...

Congratulations - I just love the lamp - it does make me smile :)

Gayle said...

You're welcome!

Those two blogs sound like wonderful recipients of this award!