Friday, September 4, 2009

A Little Bit of This and That

This will be a random writing at best. My thoughts are just a tad scattered.


Yesterday was a triple whammy day for this lucky lady. I had my first substitute teacher of the year. Nothing strikes fear in the heart of a teacher more than leaving his/her classes in the hands of a substitute. You never know what you are going to find when you return. A lot of prayers were going up! That was whammy #1.


The reason for the substitute was that I had my annual mammogram. (Whammy #2. No explanation needed.)


And on top of that I had scheduled to have my teeth cleaned that same day. I made the appointment six months ago. When you take an adult strength aspirin a day and forget to go off of it three days prior--your gums practically get blood clots! (Whammy #3)


In other bits of random thoughts, there is a blog I love to follow that two sisters write. Each writes or posts every other day. Soeurs du jour


Hmmmm... I have a little sister. Our lives are quite different; she being a California Sailboat Motorcycle Babe and me being, well, Midwestern me. And yet, when I ask her how she is wearing her hair, 9 times out of 10 we have an identical cut/color job. (Two peas in a pod!) Do you suppose...??? She writes. She's a wonderful photographer. Hmmm...!


I'm giving my first big unit test today. And I'm holding my breath. The quizzes leading up to it have been wonderful. Keep your fingers crossed. I'm hopeful.


The first high school game is tonight under Tiny Town Friday night lights, and the first college game is at home in U town tomorrow. I'll be at both. One involves a stroll down to the field, and the other involves a tailgate. (I hate to tell the Mr., but that is my favorite part of the game!)


Labor Day weekend here means class reunions. K is having her 10th. We will have a house full of her out-of-town friends needing a place to crash. I think the Mr. and I might turn the house over to them and go camping. We've had gorgeous weather lately. Maybe our Barbie Dream House could use an overnighter.

Don't be surprised if I miss a few days of blogging. Labor Day Weekend in Tiny Town is traditionally quite hectic. And I wouldn't miss a moment of it!

8 comments:

Puna said...

Have a great time in tiny town! Don't worry about those kids in the hands of a sub. I'm sure they will be golden...

ELK said...

happy happy weekend mrs E

Pugelicious said...

Mammogram and your teeth cleaned all in the same day - you are a better woman than me. I hope you enjoy your weekend.

A said...

Subs are definitely a whammy!

WISH I were home for the game tomorrow!! It's not televised this weekend so we have no watch party with alum! Hope it goes well, but most of all, hope you enjoy tailgating! Do you guys still set up in the parking lot by the rec? (**it's my favorite part too!)

CMwhyK said...

SARA IS GOING TO MISS THE REUNION DIDNT REALIZE SHE WAS THE SAME YEAR AS KATE, OH YEAH THATS RIGHT THEY WERE IN STEEL MAGNOLIAS TOGETHER FOR JCP HEHE. SHE HAS A WEDDING TO GO TO. HOPE YOU HAVE SOME FUN THIS WEEKEND TOO!! HEHE

Gayle said...

What a day you had! I hope the results of all things are good! Have a great weekend and tell us all about it when you get back to your blog!

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Mrs. E.,
Your labor day plans sounds wondee and I hope you have a wonderful weekend! I have missed visiting you blog as I have taken a break with school starting...and everything.

Your blog was just what I needed today a perfect slice of life. As teachers we do try to maximize our days away ~ I am guilty of that too. Thank goodness you have the weekend to regroup! Hope your school year is going great! Love and Many Blessings,
Katie

Kath said...

Well, aren't you sweet, shouting out to the soeurs. I am just now catching up ... I've been in the bed with the laptop since 8:00 p.m. My work is done for a bit. Now we just need to sell this house!
xo