Monday, October 26, 2009

Back From the Lake

Last week was hectic. This week is more of the same. I had a wonderful weekend with the girlfriends at the Lake. I will tell a few stories and post some beautiful fall foliage pictures soon. Just not today.

But, I will share this: an entire day of shopping at a huge outlet mall. We didn't stop to eat or drink, just checked out many stores. The perfume store had our noses in overload. The Bass Store was so crowded, I was ready to slit my wrists, and the Croc store (yeah, couldn't miss that one!) was a plastic paradise. I didn't buy. We searched, tried on, put back, and purchased. However the real finds of the day:

Harry & David's Macadamia Nut White Chocolate Moose Munch. Let me just say, "YUM!!" Yeah, the Mr. is reading this right now and thinking, "Gee, it would have been nice if she had brought me a taste." The secret is out! Sorry! I had good intentions. You'll just have to take my word for it--delish!

And this was my major find of the weekend: VENDING MACHINES THAT SELL DIPPIN" DOTS! A favorite treat is available outside of carnivals and amusement parks. Dippin' Dots has gone vending machine on me! Genius! And when is someone going to put one of those machines in at Trailer School?? It could be a little gold mine!

Who would have guessed that my major finds of the weekend would be food? Yeah, the alarm went off in time for a walk/run this morning. It was fun while it lasted!

9 comments:

Steve Gravano said...

I'm glad you had a great time. Dippin' Dots form a machine. That's news!

ELK said...

your shopping excursions sound intense! oh what a lovely autumn shot...cannot wait to come back for more of these

Gayle said...

Welcome back!

I have never had Dippin' Dots!

joyce said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time! Just one question....what are dippin dots? (I'm assuming they're something yummy;))

Heidi said...

Welcome back! My homework is on your desk- along with a lot of other homework by other students, who did the right thing.

Your shopping sounds fun! I have never heard of dippin dots, though.

Pugelicious said...

Welcome back. You sound like you had a great time. Time was not my friend either last week. Now you have all that marking to do - I enjoy reading the assignments that you inspired. Have a good day :)

Katie in MA said...

Can you believe...I've never had Dippin' Dots! The only place I see them now is at the zoo, and I refuse to pay $10 for a teeny tiny container the girls will barely share. Now, if I were to encounter some on a girlfriends' retreat...

Mrs. E said...

Dippin' Dots-- little BBs of your favorite ice cream. The BBs don't stick together. I can't explain it, but the ice cream even tastes a bit different. In the machines they come in packages that look like the foil Capri Sun packages. $3.00, I think. You tear off the top and they have spoon packages attached to the side of the machine, so you can eat them on the go.

margie said...

what the heck is a dippin dot?