This week's Random Dozen by Lidna (love that!) at 2nd Cup of Coffee
1. If you could compete in one Olympic event (not necessarily winter sports) what would it be?
I want to be one of the people in the 4 man bobsled. I don't want to steer or brake. I just want to ride!!
2. Do remember a specific Olympic moment from the past?
Olga Korbut doing her pretzel move on the balance beam and that grin. Who can grin in that position??
3. Have you ever known anyone who competed in the Olympics?
4. If everyday activities were Olympic-worthy, which activity would you have a gold medal in?
I'd take the gold in couch potato-ing and speed talking! I'd be double entered.
5. Do you know anything about your ethnic heritage?
I am from England by way of Canada and then into the U.S. (I think. If I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get corrected!)
6. Do you enjoy sleeping late?
I like extra sleep, but I always feel like the day is wasted if I don't get up before the sun.
7. Have you ever performed CPR on anyone? Do you know how? (Yes, that's two, I know. Whatevs.)
I have never performed CPR, and I am not trained in it. Teachers weren't required to know CPR when I started. (They are now.) So if one of my students is going to have health problems, they better have them in a younger teacher's class. I'm worthless.
8. Name one country you'd like to visit and explain why.
Just one is hard, but I'll go with Italy. I would love to see the architecture and art work. I'd like to walk where Julius Caesar walked. I'd want to see Rome, Venice, Florence, and the ruins of Pompeii. And I'd love to take a bike trip through Tuscany. I think I need to live there for a couple months!
9. Have you ever fixed up a couple romantically?
Yes, I have. And they are happily married now and have two sweet kids.
10. What is the last book you read?
Marcelo in the Real World- great book!
11. Do you enjoy sleeping late?
See number 6. Long day, Lid?? I'm with you, girl! Here is my filler question:
11. What is one thing you are really wanting right now?
A Shih Poo puppy. Thanks a bunch, Shannon! Way to post such adorable pictures.
12. What is your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant?
Olive Garden: salad, breadsticks, bruschetta, and a split of champagne (though there is a mushroom ravioli that is really good, too!)
Super special treats of the week:
Alicia from A New York City Life and I had a chance to catch up in person! In fact, she talked to my "Teaching As A Career" class about teaching in NYC. She left me a book based on the blog of an NYC teacher and a beautiful photo of her NYC! I am so touched. And I have to say it--she's developing a bit of the New York accent. I'm afraid we'll never get her back this way! (But I sure hope to pay her a visit one of these days!)
Gayle from Planet M sent me one of her beautiful crocheted heart bookmarks. Adorable! I love it and will think of her every time I open my book! Thanks Gayle.
OK. This isn't a treat, but I've started running again. I will be glad when running feels like a treat. As I recall, that takes awhile!