Wednesday, March 3, 2010

And We're Done

Testing is over.  I feel like this year was a mixed bag.   We still have about ten who need to finish, so all results aren't in.  It looks like about 91% will meet standards.  That leaves about 8% who were below standards, will require remedial work in the fall, and need a retesting at the end of the fall semester.  Last year, only 2% fell into that category. 

The good news is that 78% of the students (so far) finished in the top two levels (exceeds or exemplary)--the most ever! 

I'm happy, but not thrilled.  I  keep looking ahead to see what No Child Behind is requiring of us in the next few years.  It is going to get tough to meet their standards in a year or two.  And by 2014--every child has to meet standards.  It is a little overwhelming when I try to figure out what else I can do to help them achieve.  It may be a cop out, but do you think I can retire by then??  I'm kidding!  (I think!)

2 comments:

ELK said...

can you see me applauding you...well I am ..you are a gift!

puna said...

Being a teacher is akin to being Mother Teresa. It's gotta be hard. I was at my girl's HS orientation last week and finally got a good briefing on the HSA. I'm glad I was blissfully ignorant before. You and my kids' teacher pour into their kids...