Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wunnerful Wednesday

Today is the next to the last day of school.  There are a lot of happy kids in Tiny Town.

Me?  I've got a terrible cold.  I can't breathe through my nose.  My ears hurt.  My chest is tight.  Sorry.  I don't usually whine and complain this much on my blog, but the last few weeks....! 

I'm also strapped into a heart monitor holster thing until 1:30 when my 24 hours are up.  I can't shower or wash my hair until the monitor is removed.  Have I mentioned how important it is for me to wash my hair every single day?  Unwashed hair makes me grumpy or in this case, grumpier!  This is killing me!  I hate ending the school year feeling so incredibly rotten. 

Fortunately, I have only one student today, so only one poor kid has to see me with unwashed hair.  Most of the students opted out of finals and were done yesterday.  They were happy to begin their summer. 

I was supposed to have another student, but somehow he ended up in ISS so he will be taking his final in there.  I hope I don't strain myself working too hard.  Yeah right! 

Lone student and I may do some housecleaning work after he finishes his final.  He said he'd be game to help me.  He'll move books and a few furniture pieces with me.  With all my free time, my hope is to have everyone's grade completed except the 19 or so who have to take finals on Thursday. 

I'm headed back to the hospital this afternoon to remove the heart monitor.  After that:  shower and washing my hair!  My EEG to check brain activity is now rescheduled until next Wednesday.  Long story.  Don't ask.  These tests are dragging on forever.

For such a good school year, the last few weeks have been rather... crummy.  That is the nicest word I can come up with, but it doesn't come close to saying what I'm really thinking.  You can thank my mother that I can't type those naughty words!

7 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a time you have been having Mrs. E. I do hope tests come back positive, and that you are soon over this cold you are being attacked with.

Enjoy your day and the help of your student as you houseclean your classroom.

FlowerLady

Mary said...

I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't wash my hair every morning! Feel sorry for everybody that has to look at me, I guess!
It's almost over! YEAH!

Kim said...

I think I can ... I think I can ... I think I can! I hope you feel better soon! Follow up that shower with a nice nap on the couch or curl up with a good book. Hugs and prayers.

Katie (Can't Get There) said...

Wish I could be there to help you out and cheer you up! Your hair will be squeeky clean before you know it. Try to take it easy this afternoon. Fingers crossed for you!

Gayle said...

I hope you feel better soon and that all of the tests come back fine. Eek! No shower and hair wash is terrible!

Dandy said...

I can skip washing my hair for one day but it has to be completely pulled back. I'm too greasy.

How do kids opt out of finals?

Get better!

Puna said...

Why are you wearing a heart monitor? I think I missed something. I hope you are feeling better and whatever it is has passed.