Friday, June 18, 2010

TYVM

This is supposed to be a "Thursday" thing, but it seems appropriate to post a sarcastic "Thank You Very Much" today. 

*A big shout-out to the dog trainer who called in sick last night.  (Pick up the phone and call your customers!)  We had driven 30 miles (one way) to U town only to be told he wasn't there.  Did I mention that is a total of 60 miles with Baxter?  *sigh*

*Thank you, Blogger.  If I want to go to my dashboard, I have to go to the new design feature every. single. time.  I don't plan to create a new design, but I still have to go through that feature.  Every. Single. Time. Just bring back the regular dashboard option! Please! 

*And a huge thank you to gray hair.  Teaching isn't a great profession in which to grow old.  (Especially the teaching of teenagers.)  Thanks to my gray hair, every six weeks I get to spend a chunk of money and time to wash that gray right out of my hair.

*Finally, thanks to our health insurance company for going up 16% next year.  My salary is frozen.  Yep.  I guess you could say I am getting a pay cut.  At least, I'm going to be taking home quite a bit less money.  *Lovely*

So there is my moaning for this Friday.

On a side note-
1.  Because of our time and trouble, they are giving us half-price tuition to dog training and a free grooming session.  (Rule #1: Keep the customer happy.)

2.  My hair should be a really pretty silver gray when I finally suck it up and nix the hair color.  (In about ten years!)

3.  At least I have a job and insurance.  I should sincerely thank our school district for allowing me to teach the students of this community for 28 years and contracting me for the 29th.  (And I'm finding it difficult to believe that next year will be my 32nd year of teaching!  Where does the time go?!)

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

Gayle said...

I'm right there with you on the health insurance thing. Since my husband has his own business with no employees except for himself we pay a huge amount for health insurance. And because of the economy he has less work than he's ever had. Sigh. Like you, I'm thankful he has work. Oh, and I'm right there with you on the hair coloring, too!

Lesley A. Owens said...

Blogger *is* such a pain these days! Stupid unnavigable dashboard--who designed this silly thing?

Katie (Can't Get There) said...

You made me laugh out loud with the 2nd side note. My grey hairs are a stunning silver color (if I do say so myself) and will look gorgeous in all of my curls - later. MUCH later. Because that is not exactly the look I'm going for at 32! :)

Beth said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one botherd by the new blogger "improvement!" I just thought it was BE (Beth's error)!
As for the hair, I just wish I could get a stylist who would color it the same color each time! I've got a nice purplish tint for red highlights! sigh
Enjoyed your "vent!"

Mary said...

I know exactly what you mean about the dashboard. Who came up with that crazy idea?
I keep telling the girl that does my highlights that I know she'll let me know when we need to do the whole head!
Poor Baxter...glad they compensated you for your time (and aggravation!)!