Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday Five

It has been a good week on Easy Street.   The best of the week:

1. Sneaking into our new school ranks first on my list!  It was wonderful to see the progress and the "bones" of the new school.  So exciting.

2.  A "cattle chute" sidewalk at Trailer High came down this week.  The long fenced in sidewalk was removed to lay a new sidewalk and asphalt for the bus loading and unloading zone.  It will be so nice that our students don't have to walk in the "pen" anymore! Mini celebration in process for Trailer High Students!!

3.  "Big Brother" is finally well under way!  I love this stupid reality television show.  There.  I said it.

4.  We did a family photo shoot on Sunday.  On Wednesday, we were able to see the proofs.  I was pretty impressed by the photographer.  He did a great job.  A couple hours after our family photo shoot, K and CT did their engagement shoot.  Those pictures are wonderful.  I'm sure you'll be seeing some of these in the weeks to come!

5.  Today, some of the English teachers are headed to lunch and then to a special display at a local museum.  We haven't been together since the end of the school.  It will be good to catch up.

 I'm quite happy to report a beautiful day at the pool yesterday.  The weather was warm, but the water was cool.  I'm headed back there tomorrow. 

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Gayle said...

Those are great things! So glad that the end of trailer high is in sight!

Mary said...

YAY for the new school! I watched the 1st episode of "Big Bother", but have missed the rest somehow. I'll need to catch up!
Do you link up to Susanne's Living to Tell the Story for Friday's Fave Fives? If not, here's the URL:
http://susannesspace.blogspot.com/

Have a good weekend!

Katie (Can't Get There) said...

I am so excited about all of the progress at your new school - it's going to be an exciting year!