Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Usually I follow the "Thank You Very Much" sarcasm.  This has been a very good week.  I'll skip the sarcasm today.

I am thankful for...

1.  The book Mockingjay was finally released on Tuesday.  It is the third and final in the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins.  This is a great young adult series!!  I ran out and bought it on Tuesday.  Unfortunately, I have had very little time to read.  So it sits there taunting me all day long. 

2. I am so fortunate to be healthy, and I am always being reminded of that.  I found out this week that a college friend has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.  He, his wife, and I all shared a major and had many classes together.  They ended up at schools not too far from Tiny Town so I would run into them from time to time.  I am so sad for both of them. 

3.  The weather has been cool and wonderful.  It was 59 degrees on my morning run yesterday.  Weather like this reminds me that fall is on the way! Oooh and we had about an inch of rain, too. 

4. School at Trailer High has been good so far.  My students did really well on their first quiz.  This unit is "The History of the English Language."  I feel like a history teacher for a couple of weeks.  As dry as it is, they are pretty good sports. 

5.  This week I am incredibly grateful for comfy shoes.  My feet haven't adjusted to standing most of the day.  I still walk home from school.  By the time I hit the house, my feet never want to see shoes again!  Give me another week, and I should be used to it!  (Either that or I am digging out the tennis shoes and/or crocs!)

In the words of my colleague:  Happy Friday Eve!!  (Now isn't that an optimistic way of looking at Thursday?)

5 comments:

Kim said...

I'm reading "Catching Fire" right now and am on hold at the library for Mockingjay. And right back at you - Happy Friday Eve to you, too! Part of mine will be spent at the dentist. Oh well!

ch said...

Hope your feet adjust to the new school year. It seems like my bladder was the one that took the first and most obvious hit from the change in schedule. Although, if there was a demographic where wetting my pants would have been acceptable, I guess I was in it.

Katie (Can't Get There) said...

Friday Eve - love it! Makes it seem like a holiday. Since we get to wear jeans on Fridays, we always call it the last day we have to wear "real" clothes. :) Love your gratitude list!

Beth said...

Sounds like a great start to the year. I can't walk home ---it's a winding, hilly drive of 35 minutes by car, but I get lots in as I'm clear at the end of a long hall and the office, RR, etc. are all at the other end.

Chronicles of Dolliedaydream said...

Hoep you are well Mrs E and sorry my visits have been somewhat sporadic the past few weeks. Alfie sends lots of mischief to Baxter - happy weekend xxx