Usually I follow the "Thank You Very Much" sarcasm. This has been a very good week. I'll skip the sarcasm today.
I am thankful for...
1. The book Mockingjay was finally released on Tuesday. It is the third and final in the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. This is a great young adult series!! I ran out and bought it on Tuesday. Unfortunately, I have had very little time to read. So it sits there taunting me all day long.
2. I am so fortunate to be healthy, and I am always being reminded of that. I found out this week that a college friend has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. He, his wife, and I all shared a major and had many classes together. They ended up at schools not too far from Tiny Town so I would run into them from time to time. I am so sad for both of them.
3. The weather has been cool and wonderful. It was 59 degrees on my morning run yesterday. Weather like this reminds me that fall is on the way! Oooh and we had about an inch of rain, too.
4. School at Trailer High has been good so far. My students did really well on their first quiz. This unit is "The History of the English Language." I feel like a history teacher for a couple of weeks. As dry as it is, they are pretty good sports.
5. This week I am incredibly grateful for comfy shoes. My feet haven't adjusted to standing most of the day. I still walk home from school. By the time I hit the house, my feet never want to see shoes again! Give me another week, and I should be used to it! (Either that or I am digging out the tennis shoes and/or crocs!)
In the words of my colleague: Happy Friday Eve!! (Now isn't that an optimistic way of looking at Thursday?)