Friday, October 15, 2010

It's Friday

There is a whole lotta weekend stretching out in front of me.  I love Fridays for all the possibilities that a weekend can offer. 

Hmmm...this weekend?

On one of the mornings I will wake up early for a longer run than I put in during the week. (OK.  So my idea of a longer run and most people's idea of a longer run are two different things, but it IS long to me!) 

L and I are headed to a baby shower for one of her high school friends. It should be fun to catch up with some old friends that we haven't seen for quite awhile.

There is a load of clothes to drop off at Goodwill. 

The Mr. doesn't have to work on Sunday, so we will make it to church.  The new sanctuary may not be completely finished, but it is beautiful! It does my heart good to be back.
I'm hoping I can talk L into a hike at a local preserved prairie.  I want to take my camera and get some pictures of this fall.

There is a good book calling my name.  I'm about halfway through The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield.

Other than the CBS Sunday Morning News and a possible trip to the bookstore/coffee shop, I am mainly planning to enjoy this beautiful weather and a free weekend. 

I love how this weekend has few commitments and a lot of promise. It almost makes up for how hectic next week will be with inservice and parent/teacher conferences.  Almost. But I'm not planning to think about that until Monday morning!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I love the church sanctuary photo - just full of light and hope! Enjoy your commitment-free weekend!

Heidi said...

Nice windows. Enjoy your weekend- commitment free is a good feeling, I agree. I have the day off today too and since my pc is fixed, I've been reading blogs to beat the band- I better get dressed soon!

Gayle said...

Have a great weekend!

Katie (Can't Get There) said...

Glad you are enjoying Thirteenth Tale - it is on my short list. Just finished The Book of Lost Things by John Connelly and if you haven't read it yet, you MUST! 5 of 5 stars from me.

Love the picture of your church! So happy you have it back. So many wonderful things seem to be falling back into place for you, your family, and Tiny Town!