Friday, June 24, 2011

Best of Summer

This is the best of summer so far:

*A fishing trip for the Mr., while I rode my bike and then read.  He even caught a couple of fish.

*McDonald's Frozen Strawberry Lemonade-  this is my new favorite summer treat.

*Gooseberry pie made by LBB's wife for Father's Day.  (My mom used to make one every year for my dad and granddad for Father's Day.)  Anne sent some gooseberries home with me, so now I am going to try my hand at making one.  There isn't anything much better than gooseberry pie and vanilla ice cream.  And it is a nice reminder of childhood.

*I'm running again.  (A good thing--after the pie!)

*A 70 pound lab who gives my arms a workout.  Baxter still seems relieved when he is back on his own leash!

*Hollyhocks.  I loved those flowers when I was a kid, and I've seen so many of them this summer.

*A glass of wine on the back patio.

It is a busy summer, so there isn't as much time to play as usual.  I can still manage to steal a few minutes here and there.  Today was a play day.  I'm hoping tomorrow is, too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your LBB and I discussed gooseberries on FB a couple weeks ago. Not many people like them so I was surprised to find this out about your family. Good luck with the pie. I harvested enough gooseberries for two pies. Just waiting for the perfect time to make them. Also wanted you to know how much I enjoy your blog.

Anonymous said...

My friday was spent listening to your TWO cousins...J& E yell at each other! We are in Wisconsin for 5 days! They ARrE CRAZY....glad I'm sane! Ree