Sunday, October 2, 2011

Almost thirty-one years ago, K was baptized.  Here she is with her Grandma and Grandpa on her baptism day.  In some ways it doesn't seem that long ago, and in other ways it seems like a lifetime ago.  This is only one of two photos I can find of the day. I'm so glad I have it. I forget how young Mom and Dad were.  They are younger than I am now.  (And if you could see my real hair color--it would be very obvious!  How did I miss the "hair not going gray before 60" gene?!)

In this picture, the Lady Bug looks a lot like K.  Papa E would say that's because almost all babies look alike. Or maybe, it's because she looks a bit like her mama! (That's Coco's theory!)

Today is the Bug's Baptism Day.  She's wearing the same dress her mama wore 31 years ago.  She also has Papa E's baby ring to wear.   

Oh, and I plan to take a lot of pictures, just in case the Bug's parents are too busy to get any photos. So I can guarantee you--photos to come!

3 comments:

Cousin A said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I love this picture of your mom and dad. They look so good in this picture! So many memories came flooding back looking at it. BJB

Anonymous said...

I love your picture and I so look forward to more pics of the ladybug. Baptisms always make me cry. Don't ask. I don't know. Just such a special time. HOpe you had an amazing day. Oh, aren't grandbabies just delicious??