Friday, October 21, 2011

The last few days have been crazy.  I was so glad to have a free day today.  We didn't have school, and I hadn't scheduled practice. (Genius!)

L and I met at the mid point between Tiny Town and Big City.  She had finished her conferences and had the day off, too.  We had lunch and shopped.  It was so good to see her.  She was needing clothes for teaching, and we found some great sales.  It was nice to finally catch up in person, instead of by phone. Her new life seems to suit her; she seems really happy.

On my way home, K called to see if I wanted to babysit.  (Like she had to ask!)  I kept the Lady Bug, while K and CT went out to eat.  Quality snuggle time, though the poor little Bug had a bit of a fever.  She had her shots yesterday.  (Yes, she and her mother both cried. K said it was the first time she had seen real tears from Lady Bug.  Poor thing.) I think the fever was just a little bit of a reaction to the shots.

A colleague is painting our house over this three-day weekend.  I will be so glad when it is done.  We've needed it for quite awhile.

K, CT, Lady Bug, and I are headed to the farm in the morning.  CT wants to scout for deer.  Big Brother and his family will be in, so they will finally meet Lady Bug.  And of course, it will be good to see Dad and Grandma B.  All the seasons of the year are pretty at the farm, but I love spring and fall.  I'm planning to take my camera.

Today was absolutely perfect:  I had just the right amount of busy and lazing--and time with some of my favorite people. 

I might even be revived enough to head back on Monday, but right now--I don't want to think about that.


Kim said...

Sounds like a great day! Enjoy your weekend!

Cousin A said...

Jealous! I want to go the the farm, too! Have a good time. Take lots of pictures.

Kitty M said...

Aww poor Lady Bug :-( Luca had his too a week and a half ago, he gave a little shriek after the first one, then stopped crying, but howled once he realised what was going on after the second jab - poor little things! In the UK you have to sit in the Doctor's waiting room for 10 minutes after the injections to check they don't have any adverse reactions, so of course he cried the place down lol! Hope you have had a better nights sleep - kisses from Liverpool xxx