Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Wisdom of Thornton Wilder

“We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.”  Thornton Wilder

My treasures?

hot coffee, gentle hills, a starry night, the smell of woodsmoke, hugs, sweet words, a warm bed, work that I love, good books, the Mr., roses and peonies, photos, music, blue jeans, crisp apples, almond flavored anything, a sweet granddaughter, chick flicks, extended family, memories, a glass of wine or champagne, K and L, the smell of bread baking, siblings, the farm, snow, bike rides, sledding, good parents, a car that starts, cheese pizza, dimples, fluffy clouds, fall leaves, random acts of kindness, singing, a movie afternoon, pumpkin pie, any time the family gathers, counting my blessings...

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Have a wonderful day with your family!

Anonymous said...

I would have put "MY Mr." first on the list.......just sayin'! Thanksgiving Blessings my CrAzY CoUsIn!!!

Relyn Lawson said...

The meal has been eaten.
The kitchen is clean.
The leftovers are stashed.
The walk has been taken.
Everyone is happy and fed and blessed.
Now I have the time to stop by.
On this Thanksgiving Day, I wanted to tell you that I am thankful for you and for this blog. Sending you much love, Relyn