Thursday, December 15, 2011

Another Great Moment

After 1st hour class yesterday, a student lagged for a chance to ask me, "What are we doing in class tomorrow and Friday?"

I had a number of answers I wanted to give him.
1.  It has been posted on the board all week. Duh! 
2.  Finals are on Monday and Tuesday, what do you think we are doing? Double Duh!

Instead, I responded with "Why do you ask?"  Good stalling technique, so my blood pressure could return to normal.

His answer sent it skyrocketing.  "I'm going to be gone tomorrow and Friday."

So, he's struggling already, is going to miss the final writing project and the review, and will be taking the final exam without a review?  If you said yes, you are correct.  

Glass of wine last night?  You betcha!  And I can't wait to see what surprises today might hold.


No comments: