Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I Knew It

When the Today Show replaced Meredith Vieira with Ann Curry, I knew they were going to lose viewers.

I'm sure that Curry is a great person; she just drives me crazy as a co-host.  She's a little too, too...much.  I think they have finally broken her of the habit of getting right into people's faces, though she still seems to do a lot of touching, stroking, or patting.  She used to practically block Matt Lauer's face; she was so intent on giving her full attention.  Her simpering like a school girl is still annoying.

And her questions...!  "How did it feel to have your home destroyed by a tornado and your husband die of cancer on the same day?"  Well, gee! Duh! Frequently, she asks leading questions where only one response can be given, and often her questions are longer than the answer.

I moved on many months ago.  Easy Street has been over at Morning Joe on MSNBC.  It's a little more politics than I like, but at least it is intelligent squabbling.  (Except when they reviewed the movie Hunger Games without reading the book.  Then, they sounded like morons.)

The crew at Morning Joe talks about politics, government, or editorials about politics and government.  Sometimes they discuss sports.  That's about as far as it goes. My only complaint is that there is only one woman in the mix.  It's pretty male centered. 

I'm guessing a lot of other viewers searched for a new morning show, too.  And it finally shows.  Last week, Good Morning America overtook Today in their fight for morning viewership for the first time since 1995.

Now, it finally may be time for a shake-up on the Today Show.  Gosh, I wish they had consulted me a couple of years ago.  I hate to say "I told you so."  (Read here.)

But I did.  (And so did the readers making comments on my blog link above.)

Signing off,
Mrs. Typical American

1 comment:

Princess Kate said...

I so agree. I thought that was such a mistake to make Ann the new co-host. They definitely need to shake it up over there. I'm your newest follower.