Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Latest Addiction

I'm probably the last person to discover a gem of a little iPhone game:  Draw Something. 

The concept is quite simple.  I "draw" (and I use that term loosely) a picture.  My friend/competition sees that picture and uses the random letters at the bottom of the screen to identify my drawing.  Then they draw a picture, and I do the same.  That's it. 

Except..I've told you about my lack of artistic skills.  Stick people are a challenge.  My drawings are crude little things, but I have friends who can figure out my scribbles.  Voila!! An artist is born. 

Except... the Mr. isn't all that thrilled that there is another game that I love to play.  He just doesn't realize that it is fostering my artistic abilities, my creative skills.  Or maybe he thinks I am artistic and creative enough.

*sigh*  I wish he would download it, so I could play him.  I'm thinking he might become obsessed, too.  And then we could be obsessed together. 

By the way, I've seen his drawings.  He could use the practice, too. 

And that's your app advertisement for today.  You're welcome!



3 comments:

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

Too funny. I need an iPhone. Or just any new phone would do. I won't tell you that I'm still on Jen's plan. Probably time for her to take care of Jack instead of me.

Katie @Can't Get There said...

Is it completely and utterly wrong that one of the reasons I'm thinking about upgrading to a smartphone is so I can play Draw Something? (The other reason is to have a decent camera handy at all times.)

joyce said...

I have a smartphone but have to say the only things I use it for are for a phone (imagine that!) and the odd photo taking. I know how an addictive personality I have, and I can well imaging becoming addicted to all those games. BY the way, I think you should send Draw Something a link to this blog, you just never know!