Monday, April 2, 2012

Random Monday: On Nooks, Old Toys, and Facebook

I am in Nook heaven!  The Mr. is in Nook hell.  Too bad that it was partly his idea.  He has no one to blame but himself.

Palm Sunday didn't produce "The Holy City," but the special music at church was an absolutely beautiful violin solo.  Good friends have a nephew who was in town for his grandmother's 90th Birthday celebration.  He shared his music for her with our entire congregation.  Amazing.

Speaking of the 90th Birthday Girl... she happens to be one of my favorite people.  My girls grew up calling her Grandma, as if she was their Grandma, too.  I hope I am thought of as fondly as this dear lady is someday.  My life will be complete.

Have I mentioned how much I miss Facebook and Pinterest?  One. more. week.  (One of my students said, "Try giving up food and water for 40 days next year and see if that goes any easier, Mrs. E."  He wasn't feeling my pain.  There's always one!)

I have been washing stuffed animals, little toys, and doll clothes.  K & L's loot is about to be enjoyed by another little girl.  Nana Coco's got to have some toys ready for when the Bug comes to my house to play.

Did you know they make "coloring book" aps for the Nook?  And books for children that are adorable?  I can't wait until the Lady Bug is ready to enjoy those!

Yep, Mr.  You are back in Nook hell.  It's likely to last for a few years!


1 comment:

joyce said...

I never heard of Nook.....not much for aps and all that. Never heard of Pininterest either...guess I'm part of "that group" of people who don't social network, other than blog if you can call it that.

I can't wait to pull out all my boys' old toys for their kids to play with.....if that ever happens, let them wait a couple of years yet. Right now they've both sworn off kids forever.