Monday, April 30, 2012

Random Monday

These are my random thoughts for this week:

*I have to love the student who piped up after the credits rolled on the movie of To Kill A Mockingbird.  "You know, Mrs. E.  I really think they should be required to read the book before they make the movie."  Yes.  They are quickly learning that the books are almost always better than the movie.

*Speaking of movies, I went to my favorite theater this weekend.  They not only deliver wine to your seat, but they have a "Director's Room" that has leather reclining seats.  Reclining seats + wine = heaven!!  (Though Little Big Brother said I should just stay home and watch the movie.  Maybe he will be my waitress and deliver the wine!)

*School is winding down quickly.  Most of my students have 12 days of school left.  Yep.  Twelve days of school to teach Julius Caesar. I'm going to be pushing my teaching skills and their learning skills to the max.  I'm beginning to think I am an idiot.

*In spite of the rush to finish up, I love this time of year.  There is something satisfying about winding up the school year and sending the class out into the world.

2 comments:

Relyn Lawson said...

Yes, there is something so very satisfying about knowing you've given them all you can and setting them free to soar. I love this time of year, too.

Scriptor Senex said...

I love the first comment about the movie and the book! So true.