Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Fashion Shows

Fashion Shows at Tiny Town High are always....entertaining.  My word choice and I'm sticking with it.

To begin with, we have a fashion design class and their final project is always to put together a Fashion show.  Let me hit the highlights...

There was the the year that they filmed the fashion show at a local mall, then the student body went to the auditorium to view the final project.  It was a really great idea.  A great idea.  Until...the boy models came out, stood in front of the fountain, and crossed their arms.  Yes, the water was shooting between their legs and so it looked like...the student body erupted in laughter.  The girl in charge said, "Yes.  We knew it looked like they were peeing, we just hoped the student body wouldn't notice."  Uh...no chance.

Another year a girl came out on stage and shrugged off her white bathrobe to reveal a little tiny bikini.  Three gold triangles.  That was it.  Have I mentioned that Tiny Town High is a coed school?  I was uncomfortable for her.  I think administration has nixed bathing suits ever since.

Several years ago, the script for the Fashion Show got lost.  The emcee just made it up as he went.  (To be honest, he is the best emcee we have ever had.)  "Kelsey is wearing a patriotic shirt and... jeans.  By gosh yes, she has jeans on.  And I believe they are blue.  Yes.  They are blue jeans."  "Ted is wearing....clothes.  Yes, he has clothes on and we can all be glad of that."  And on.  And on. And on.  I've never laughed so hard at the Fashion Show. 

I have to be honest.  We've had some good Fashion Shows in recent years.  One of the years in Trailer School, they had to use our gym for the Fashion Show.  They used balloons to form a runway on the floor.  I was pretty proud of the kids. And then the grand finale was our Assistant Principal in a tux and his wife, the art teacher, in a prom dress.  Pretty cool.

There are so many great memories of Fashion Shows past.  I can't wait to see what this year brings...

And sometime, I'll share the Talent Show disasters with you.  Ah!  Memories!


1 comment:

Katie @Can't Get There said...

Script-Free year sounds like it was a lot of fun! Those people are the ones who make every job a little more enjoyable. :)