Friday, May 11, 2012

Yes, Next To The Last Friday

Friday.  Friday.  Friday.

I kept the Bug on Wednesday night for awhile.  I love that little squirt!

She is crawling now.  She finally discovered that her knees will bend.  I tried to capture the crawling on my phone video, and of course, she wouldn't do it while I was filming.  (Video quality isn't great when you go full screen.  Sorry.)  Notice her body guard, hovering in the background!

Yesterday and today were to be testing days at school.  (MAPS tests for freshman)  Yesterday, I had 18 freshmen logged onto the site in my room.  Ten minutes into the test, the whole network froze up on them.  Forty minutes of getting them out of the program and keeping them busy with something else was quite fun.  I think the plan is to let the MAPS test from last fall be sufficient.  We're back to regular schedule today.  Wise decision.

And we are ending Julius Caesar.  Still plenty of time to review for the test, to watch parts of the video, and to recite "Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears."  It has been a fast, yet fun, unit!  And scores on quizzes have been pretty darn good.  The kids have given me really good effort.

I have even applied for the license and sent the security deposit for next fall's show.  I am slowly checking things off on my To-Do List.  Next up:  finish my final so my senior TA can make copies on her last day on Monday. 

This will be a busy Friday.  Organization is the key to not driving myself crazy next week.  By next Friday, I want to be finished and out the door.

I can do this.  I can do this.  That's my pep talk to myself today.  (I have a hunch I'll have to repeat it often!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I THINK the Bug has on a Virginia outfit!!!! And my heart is so HaPpY I heard my man in the background!!! LIFE IS GOOD!!! HAve a GREAT week-end my CrAzY Cousin! R

Katie @Can't Get There said...

awww! Thanks for sharing the Bug's test run! How much do I love when babies get so excited and do the crazy muppet arms?!
I suspect any time you need a reminder that you CAN do this, that video of Bug will energize you in a hurry!

Beth said...

I have eleven more days of teaching, two of finals, one make-up final day, and one last teachers' day.
I have a student teacher who is managing my freshmen classes. I did not think she was capable of handling my juniors (at least in a manner that wouldn't require multiple write-ups, barking from the principal, and cramped stomach and migraines for me---yes, her classroom management is lacking). So I'm finishing up a unit on Of Mice and Men for my general juniors. They did not read the book, but they did do background prep before watching the movie.
A favorite comment:"Wow, that really IS a good movie!" said with disbelief.
My reply, "Surprising, huh, since it's just a classic."
I have divided the advanced students into groups of three or four with leaders and they have six days to complete a project from a list I gave them. It appears out of the eight groups, I will be getting mostly collages and Cds of music that fit the themes in the novel. One group is doing a book cover. This is totally new for me so I will be learning what not to do next year!:>)

Beth said...

Oh and the Bug is adorable! My Abby has just learned to walk--she will soon be 14-months old.
She held on to crawling for a long while because she was quite fast and good at it. I had to jump up and move quickly several times during her visit at Christmas.:>)