Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day 2012

I am thankful for fathers who...

*walk the floor with their fussy babies, sick kids, or waiting for late teenagers
*don't make excuses when the kid is caught plagiarizing or cheating, but make them take their lumps
*show up and cheer on their kids in any and every activity from sporting events to piano recitals
*show up-- period
*take the kids fishing, camping, to the ballgame, or even just to the dump
*make their kids work, not for money, but because families work together to maintain a home
*coach T-ball and Little League games without thought of winning, just to teach, play, and laugh a lot
*teach kids to drive, tie their shoes, play pitch, and answer a phone correctly
*listen to bedtime prayers, attempt to make ponytails, and sing kids awake in the morning
*make pancakes on Saturday or Sunday mornings

Mostly, I am thankful for these three fathers:
Three of the greatest Dads/Men I know. 

Oh, and my dad just might be getting this today.  (I blame him for my wanting to get rid of  "things" and not wanting many gifts I have to dust. It's genetic!)
Yes.  Just stating the facts as I see them...!

Happy Father's Day to all the terrific Dad's out there!

1 comment:

joyce said...

Cute gift...If i wasn't an only child I could use that saying! Here's to dad's tha show up....I like that one the best.