Tuesday, June 5, 2012

First Day of My Official Summer

Yesterday was truly my first "nothing to do" day of summer.  And this is what I didn't do:

*I didn't go shopping.
*I didn't take a nap.
*I didn't watch television or even a chick flick.
*I didn't even catch up on blogland yet.

Yep.  Totally wasted day.  Instead:

*I walked with K and the Bug.  (Never again at 8:00.  It was way too hot!)
*I dusted off my bike and rode to K's house for the walk.  Low tires made the ride difficult.  Duh! (Aired them up in the evening.)
*I updated the family calendar with next year's school dates and the U town football schedule.
*I did laundry.  (The fun never stops.)
*I baked beans for an impromptu cookout at K and CT's.
*I read about half of The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson.  (I'm sure Cousin M would like to have her books back before she turns 40 in about ten years!)

Quite an exciting start to my summer, wouldn't you say?  I'm going to have to get creative or I'll be bored out of my mind by the end of the week!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I tried to read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but gave up. Ended up watching the original movie (in Swedish with English subtitles) on Netflix. Then, I had to watch the other 2 sequels!