Thursday, June 21, 2012

What Says Summer?

Yesterday was the first day of summer.  What says summer on Easy Street?

*The Mr. would tell you baseball or softball.  He loves the game at every level from T-ball through the Pros. Me?  I like the littlest players, oh and the sunflower seeds.  (Yes, the Mr. and I are a perfect match!) 

*Popsicles, Rocket Pops, and watermelon.  All things cold and sticky!

*Bug spray, Tiki Torches, and citronella candles.  Mosquitoes, flies, and gnats are plentiful. (This summer I am researching how to add a screen room onto the house.  More on this in another post.)

*BLT's.  If you're a regular reader, you know Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato sandwiches are my passion.  I crave them.  I craved them when I was sick as a kid. It has been a life long addiction.  I am so ready for that first tomato, fresh from the garden.  (CT, I am waiting for you to come through!)

*Bare feet.  Besides running shoes for exercise, my feet are either shoeless or in sandals.  My toes need nakedness.  (And you can be quite thankful that the rest of my body doesn't need nakedness.) 

*Nails.  Or lack thereof.  This is what my nails look like from August through May. (Actually, they look better than this.  This was taken only a few hours before I soaked them off, so I was in need of a manicure.)
And these are the summer nails.
Yes, it is quite sad.  * sigh* And actually, I removed that clear polish, so they look pretty bad right now.  *double sigh*

What says summer?

*Iced tea.  Lemonade.  Coolers full of ice. And maybe some other beverages.

*Lawn chairs and picnics.  Oh, go ahead and throw a few ants and flies in here, too.

*Swimming or sunning pool side.  Mosquitoes and horse flies here. argh!

*Sunscreen and floppy hats.  Really ugly floppy hats that don't fit my great big head.

*Cooking on the grill or morning coffee on the patio (usually in PJ's--no visitors allowed!)

*Lots of sunlight hours, higher temperatures, higher electric bills, and sweat.

No, it isn't all good... oh, but a lot of it is! 

No comments: