Monday, July 16, 2012

10 Things That Make Me Happy

Just love-

1. Roasted or grilled fresh tomatoes.  Yum!  Just.the.best.
2. These lounge pants were hand-me-downs from L.  She was getting rid of them, so I nabbed them.  How could she give them up?  Granted, they aren't flattering:  just baggy. BUT...they are pink and so comfy!  I feel like a new person every time I put them on! Instant relaxation.
3. Moscato wine.  Enough said.

4.  Kenra Boosting Spray.
I've written about my fine hair before. I hate it. It is thick, but baby fine and sticks to my head.  Really. Really. Flat.  I was using Aquage Root Boost. I like it,  but it was kind of gummy.  Kenra is just as expensive (darn it!), but it is lighter and does a great job of adding body to this limp hair.  That bottle above cost about $20 or so, but it lasts for a really long time.  I thought the can was almost empty, and it lasted for a couple more weeks. It ended up being really worth the money.

5. Midnight Truffle Mini Blizzards.
I love the size of the Mini Blizzards. They are just the perfect splurge.  (The price and the calories make them worth the trip to DQ.) The Midnight Truffle has bits of chocolate that are to die for!

6. These shoes.
The picture doesn't do them justice.  The best thing about them:  8 mm Memory Foam insoles.  The insoles are like the Memory Foam beds. (You know how important my feet are.)  These shoes are like walking on one of those beds!  Heaven!  I saw this designer, Michelle D, is also making heels with this insole.  Well, they have a fan here, and I haven't even bought a pair yet!!

7. Sewing.  I haven't done it for awhile, but I like it:  such a nice sense of accomplishment!

8.  Re-cycling and re-purposing.  I don't do it enoguh, but this summer I have had time to play a bit more.  This is the latest, and it happens to be part of the Lady Bug's birthday present.  She's 11 months old today, so that means Papa and I have a month to shop for a little kitchen for her.  She loves the kitchen at her daycare, and she also loves watching her daddy cook.  I ended up using a leg off a pair of Aunt Lizzie's jeans that she made into cutoffs.  I made the Bug a little chef apron. All it needs is the denim monogram on the pocket.
9. Of course, the Bug makes me happy.  Especially when she lets me re-purpose her little pants into a hat.
And she loved it!  (OK. Maybe not.)   I think she wondered what the heck I was doing!  She's such a good sport, and she does indulge her Nana Coco. (Yes, that "hat" is back to being pants.  Darn it!  I thought it might catch on!)

10.  Music.  All kinds. I've been listening to some old favorites lately.  Martina McBride's "Blessed" is my new old favorite!

These are 10 things that make me happy right now.  Did you know that there is a television show with this title?  They interview celebrities and ask them to list ten things that make them happy. I happened to catch part of it the other day, and it made me think about what I am loving right now.  Our lists are a bit different.  (Botox and false eyelashes will probably never make my list.)

So what are 10 things that make you happy right now?

No comments: