What am I thankful for today?
1. Air conditioning. It is so darn hot.
2. Cold, clean drinking water. Lately, I've been thinking about what it would be like to live in a country without clean water. I try not to take those glasses of water for granted.
3. That I'm not the mother of a toddler. For the last two days, I babysat the Bug. (Roseola meant she needed to be isolated from the other little ones.) Her mommy is back at work, Daddy is gone overnight a couple nights for work, and Auntie L isn't much good on one leg. I am exhausted. That little tyke is active and fast. (And she's "sick"!!!) If Baxter can wriggle through a barricade, she follows his lead. I'm not sure how K & CT get anything done.
I did convince K to bring the Pack N Play. That was a huge help. Finally...a baby jail. Buggy could play in it and watch me do dishes.
4. That I have two good legs and am healthy. Watching L on crutches reminds me that they are not fun. Leaving the house is an ordeal. Moving from room to room is a hassle. She is bored and ready to be up and around again. For me, it was kind of like having two little ones in the house. Almost another babysitting job. (Granted, L could entertain and feed herself. She also made bottles, changed diapers, and entertained the Bug, so I could get a few things done. UNTIL...she got sick with a sore throat, headache, and earache. ARGH!)
5. That I still have 25 days until school starts. Yeah. I think I am going to need every one of them. Every.Single.One.