Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Things You Might Not Need To Know

*I am on an every other day bathing/showering plan.  It isn't planned, but the activities of the day are hot and sweaty.  What's the point?  (If I'm lucky, I remember to brush my teeth in the morning.)  I am gross. Well, every other day I am gross.  Better catch me on the right day!

*The last three books I have read have all been about orchards and nurseries.  And right after we went to an orchard to pick peaches and blackberries.  What's with that?  Someone trying to tell me something?  I should start an orchard? 

*Mini Boot Camps at the track every other evening, running every other morning, and walking the Buggy to the babysitter while K is on vacation means that I have been getting a lot of exercise.  AND....I haven't lost an ounce.

*I have spent two full days rearranging the rooms of our house.  We have a long narrow living room.  We've used one end of it for a dining area.  The dining room, right off the kitchen, has been a family room.  Two days ago, we decided to switch it back.  It was exhausting, but it is done.  Living in the living room and dining in the dining room.  What a novel concept!

*Around 1982, Dad made me a seven-eight foot bookcase out of barn wood.  (The wood came from the barn I played in as a kid.  A tornado or strong wind came through and took it down.)  That bookcase has been in almost every room. It might be the most versatile piece of furniture in my house.  Why am I telling you this?  When we moved the rooms around, we returned the bookcase to my living room.  It is work to move that thing, and even more work to move all those darn books.  And so worth it! This picture doesn't do it justice, but you can get the idea.

*Little Sister's husband made me a smaller bookcase for my music books and sheet music.  It sticks pretty close to the piano and is another piece of furniture that is both pretty and functional.  It is kind of a pain to move, too, but because it is smaller I don't mind asking the Mr. to move it more often.  (I think long and hard before asking him to move the big bookshelf.  I don't want to push it.)

*A cool down in the weather hasn't necessarily meant a cool down for me.  I still have my own mini heat waves.  But, it is much nicer outside.

*After sitting for awhile, I've been walking a bit like a 100 year old woman when I start moving again.  I am a lovely sight to see.  I'm hoping it is the result of too much exercise and too much lifting, pushing, shoving, and rearranging of furniture.  Give me a week, and I'll get back to you on that one! 

Today, K, the Bug, and I are off to meet up with Auntie L.  We are all headed to meet the Bug's newest little friend.  Little Firecracker Demi was born on the 4th of July.  I can't wait to hold a newborn again.  (And we'll hope the Bug leaves her eyes in her head.  What is it with little ones always going for the eyes?!)

Oh, and I'm planning to shower and brush my teeth today!  (Might want to avoid me tomorrow though!)



1 comment:

joyce said...

I can relate to the 100-year-old woman, not losing an ounce to all that exercise and smelling like a combination of sweat, sunscreen and mosquito spray. (Quite the flavour if you accidentally lick your upper lip or wipe your arm across your mouth!) Take heart in the thought that while you may want to just lie naked in bed, it really does feel better if you shower first (I've had to talk that talk to mayself often).
Love the bookcase, it looks something like my dad could make too.