Saturday, August 18, 2012

What I'm Loving This Week

What's not to love?  This week's top picks:

*Cooler temperatures.  Highs may be in the upper 80's and lower 90's, but the morning temperatures of 56-60 are heavenly.  By the time I leave school each afternoon, it feels like the cool of fall is in the air.  Wonderful!

*Sea salt.  I love it on slices of tomatoes fresh from the garden. 


*Colgate Max White toothpaste.  I love the almost clear gel, the taste of it, and the fact that my teeth do look a bit whiter.


*Seeing Dad and Grandma B, Little Big Brother and wife, Niece Kit and boyfriend for the Bug's first birthday supper.  Niece Kit was headed off to the University the next day, so it was a joint celebration.  The Doctor had given Lady Bug her one year shots on her birthday, but she still was a pretty good girl in the restaurant.  She just didn't eat much but the ice cream Papa bought her.

*Special K Cracker Crisps.  30 crackers are 110 calories.  Great with hummus or by themselves.  Of course, I love the sea salt ones.

*Lunch bag courtesy of Subway.  L left a Subway kid's meal bag here.  It advertises the movie Brave, is the perfect size, and is a pretty red Scottish plaid.  Does L know I'm using it?  Well, she does now. 
I would say I have the coolest lunch bag at school, except my colleague has a Mickey Mouse metal lunch box.  (It's hard to compete with her.  She also has an iPad cover that looks like an Etch-a-Sketch!) 

I'm particularly loving that today is Saturday.  And an empty Saturday at that.  I've finished a good book, done laundry, and watched a bit of the movie Water For Elephants.  It has been a good day so far!

No comments: