Wednesday, November 21, 2012

This N That

Thanksgiving favorites:

*Turkey  (my favorite meat!)
*Pumpkin pies (Yes, I was the child that stuck my fingers in every pie.  Someone had to be the test taster for Mom!)
*Family dinners
*Fall walks after dinner
*Macy's Parade
*Turkey sandwiches from leftovers
*Dressing and Mashed Potatoes
*Mom's silverware
*"Come Ye Thankful People Come" and "We Gather Together"

Now, I need to get busy and clean house so I'm ready for company.  As I was polishing silver the other night, I was wishing that I had helped Mom do that more often.  It is a lot of work.  I thought of her the whole time I was doing it, and maybe she thought of her mom while she polished the silver, too.  If so, she probably didn't mind doing it alone any more than I did. 

And...Happy Birthday, Big Brother.  You wear this milestone birthday well! 

Well, time to clean inside and rake a few leaves outside, but...

Maybe just one more cup of coffee!

No comments: