Saturday, December 29, 2012

Weekend Chores

After playing yesterday, today I have work to do.  But before I get into that, I have to say that Les Miserables and Lincoln are two of the best movies I have seen in some time.  I'm so glad that I talked the Mr. into a couple of movie dates!

So, today I am cleaning out my closet.  Thanks to an incredibly warm fall, I still have some lightweight clothes taking up room in my winter clothes.  And with a small closet to begin with, it is a crammed disaster!

Today, I am packing light things away until spring.  (AND...if I haven't worn it, it is going to be donated. Space is too valuable!)  I am sifting through too many things trying to find something warm enough to wear in this frigid weather.  Not to mention that I can't find my cold weather running pants.  *sigh!

So I'm tackling the closets and laundry today and the Christmas decorations tomorrow.

I used to take down the tree on New Year's Day.  That's what we did when I was a kid.  However, a few years ago I discovered that if I take it down before New Year's Eve, I still have a few days at home before heading back to school.  That makes it feel like vacation lasts a bit longer.

Weekend work shouldn't take too long. And it is the kind of work that makes me feel productive, as it won't have to be done again any time soon.

Oh, and I might have a couple of books to read, too. 

The Mr. is at work, so my time is my own.  I should cook for him, though I wouldn't want him to have a heart attack or anything!

A weekend of work and leisure...my favorite kind!  (Though light on the work is always good!)

No comments: