Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013

We had a snowy, low key New Year's Eve.  Ditto as far as plans for New Year's Day. 

Little Big Brother and SIL brought tomato basil soup and beer bread for supper last night.  K, CT, and Little Bug joined us.  We had a chance to hear a bit about the Brother's family trip to London for Christmas.  (Still plenty jealous!)

I saw the ball drop when Midnight came at Time's Square (11:00 our time), kissed the Mr., and called that our midnight, too.  (I never was good at staying up late.  I can remember Mom and Dad setting the clock ahead so we'd all think we saw midnight.  It was actually 9:00. Totally appreciate that now!)

This morning, the Bug and parents are coming for breakfast and to make Buggie's gingerbread house.  Then, Papa and I are babysitting, while Mama K takes down their Christmas decorations.  We might just take the Bug for a sledding outing.  She has a sled dog at her disposal, as Baxter thinks the snow is meant just for him.  (Shih poos originally Arctic dogs?? Doubtful, but Baxter thinks so.)

Black eyed pea soup is on the menu today.  I'm sure there will be football, and Baxter and I will take a snowy hike around town.  We opted out of the Polar Bear swim at the farm that LBB and West Point Nephew have made an annual New Year's tradition.  For smart guys....you gotta wonder...!

I have no idea what 2013 will bring, but on Easy Street we like to be prepared for anything.

And a little child shall lead us!  
From the looks of it, we're all going to be getting our cRaZy on!

Late additions:
Happy 2013!

Happy New Year from Easy Street!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Sounds like a cozy, comforting way to spend New Year's Eve and Day. Soup sounds wonderful!
I went to bed right after midnight for the first time ever--I mean ever! It's official--I'm getting old.
Adorable pics of the bug and also Baxter. Getting our crazy on sounds like a refreshing way to begin 2013!

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

I showed Dan your Black eyed pea soup ... he had no clue what it was, but I told him I'd like him to make it next year. :) Happy New Year Mrs. E!