Saturday, March 2, 2013

Oh my... Is this really my life?

Let's see...

The Mr. is sick.  Stomach flu.  If there is a God, he will make certain that I don't end up with this plague until after the next week is over.  (Or ever!)

State Testing begins Tuesday, and I am pretty sure that the students are as ready as they are going to be.  And why am I not more worried this year?! (I think the fact that we are about to start a new test and a whole new testing system makes me realize that this year isn't quite as significant as it has been before.  Or maybe it is because this class has done fairly well on practice tests, or because I haven't had to do as much teaching, only reviewing.  These kids are much more prepared than any previous years.  Thank you to the teachers of grades 7, 8, and 9.  I owe you big time!) 

As for the show, it is proceeding with the usual bumps and potholes. (Craters??)  There are a lot of things that I still want to work differently...or better.  And I have a whopping two practices to get it there!

The cast started bringing in their costumes, and I have never had so many questions!  Talk about feeling like there isn't enough of me to go around. And we haven't even begun on hair, makeup, sound, and lights.  Oy vey!

And my plans for an exciting Saturday night?  I am putting set pieces on wheels.  Wish me luck on that.  I could really use something to go smoothly right now.

To begin the day--coffee.  To end the day--wine or whine, or perhaps a bit of both!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how you give credit to the teachers who teach the grades below you when it comes to State Assessments. I know you well enough to know that you have worked your tail feathers off this year preparing the students, as well. As a teacher, it is just so nice to see that in print. Just shows what a classy gal you are. . . but then I already knew that!