Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thank You Very Much Thursday

A big shout out to our custodians.  They are wonderful people.  (REALLY, they are!)  That being said, they told me I could be in the building by mid June.  There must have been a change in plans.  They posted signs yesterday that say we are to stay out until July 1.  Argh!  So much for working at school.  (I probably really should be saying thank you very much.  Forced hiatus.)

K is still working, so the alarm goes off at 4:45 and we walk for 45 minutes.  Usually, I don't go back to sleep.  Yesterday, I was really tired and fell asleep on the couch.  What woke me up?  Two nicely dressed young people rang the doorbell; they were handing out religious material for an event going on two hours from here.  Really?  Really??!  Thank you soooo much.  (So much for impromptu naps.)

L probably would like to add her own Thank You Very Much.  When I get up at 4:45, I text sweet sister-in-law to make sure she is up and ready for our morning jaunt.  (I've been greeted with a dark house and no walking partner on occasion.)  Yesterday, I staggered out of bed and texted sweet SIL.  When she didn't respond, I looked again.  Nope.  Without my glasses on, I had texted L.  Yikes!!  Poor girl.  Fortunately, she knows her mom has lost her mind.  Also, she didn't get the message until new hubby CB got up for work.  Whew!

My last two are medically related.

I need a prescription refilled.  I called the Dr. on Monday.  Let me just give a big thank you very much for not returning my call and not refilling the prescription.  As of today, I am officially OUT of my blood pressure medicine--and that isn't helping my blood pressure.  Lovely.

And finally a huge thank you to the poison ivy that has plagued me for a couple of weeks.  I hope the scars aren't as bad as I think they could be. 

OK.  I got that off my chest.  Now, back to work--at home, of course, because the school is closed.  Oh, and calling the Dr.--who doesn't return calls or act on messages left.  *sigh

I promise. I'll be in a better mood tomorrow. 

I think.


Kim said...

I hope today is a better day!

Anonymous said...

I called for a Dr. appointment about refilling my meds (I had about 3 weeks left). They didn't have any appointments for 5 weeks!!! Really??? Thankfully, they did give me 1 refill to last me until the appointment finally gets here. BJB