Friday, July 12, 2013

Five for Friday

1.  I got a lot done at school yesterday.  I know, I still have a month before school starts.  Between Common Core Standards, a new class to teach (Stagecraft) and a show to direct, I've got a lot to do.

2.  Unfortunately, my sewing machine needs repairs.  *sigh  The good news is that a friend gave me a number to call for a sewing machine repairman.  Because on top of all of the above, I am sewing chair pockets for L's classroom.  We will pray for a speedy recovery for my sewing machine!

3.  Speaking of L, we went to dinner with her last night.  We were making an exchange of some items she purchased and a little chair I need to fit the pockets.  It was good to see her.  We window shopped for awhile and always laugh at her stories.

4.  K and I have been walking on an every other day schedule.  I get up, get dressed, drive to her house, and we begin our walk--only to see lightning in the sky.  *sigh

5. The Mr. is off today.  He's helping me move some things to the stagecraft set shop and then helping me finish off my room at school.  (You'd think I'd plan something fun to do on his day off.  Well, it will be fun for me to have some of this stuff done!) 

I love summers-- when every day feels like Friday!

No comments: