Tuesday, July 23, 2013

What's In A Name?

Do you name your baby James or John when they are so common?  Well, Little Big Brother says Travis or Wayne for the new royal baby.  Yeah, right. 

Here's to hoping that Spencer will be part of the middle names--with a nod to Princess Diana. 

I prefer Henry or George for the first name.  Alexander sounds more modern, so I could see that as a choice.  Alfred--Fred or Freddy would be nice, too.  (And I think all but Alexander are on our family tree.)  

There is such pressure to name your child under normal circumstances. After all, they will be living with it forever.  I can't imagine trying to come up with a name with the pressure of the Queen and royal history. (And the Queen and history don't really care what names you really love.)

So, if they name the baby Wayne, I look for the end of the monarchy. 

Just sayin'!

1 comment:

joyce said...

had to throw a comment in, as I just completed a post on names as well. Prince Wayne...LOL! Surprised though, now that you mention it, that they did not put Spencer in, maybe because there are no royal Spencers, but they could have broken another tradition and added it in.