Sunday, October 6, 2013

Autumn Love

I love everything about this season:

*the colors- yellow, orange, brown, and red
*pumpkins, as in bread, muffins, pies, bars, fudge, donuts, and blizzards
*mums
*apple- cider, crisps, pies, candy apples, and just for munching
*sweater weather
*jeans and boots
*light jackets in the morning and warm, sunny afternoons
*raking leaves
*the smell of burning leaves
*carving pumpkins
*Halloween
*Candy corn
*little kids in costumes
*Pre-Christmas sales
*the smell of wood smoke
*Thanksgivng
*frost
*the smell after the furnace comes on for the first time
*flannel sheets
*hot tea
*long sleeve t-shirts
*soup
*turkey and cranberries

Yes, this is my favorite season of the year.  And so far, we've had a beautiful one.

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."  Anne of Green Gables

I will do one better, Anne.  "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are autumns."

No comments: