Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Begin Again

The cast is posted and tonight is the first rehearsal for The Outsiders.  It seems like a long time until March 13th & 14th, but it will go fast.

I'm working around basketball and wrestling schedules.  There are also three music concerts in that time. (One of them is the Tuesday before the show opens on Thursday.)  And also Parent-Teacher conferences that take up a good part of two nights.  So, the two months equals out to about two practices a week.  Fast?  It flies!

However, this is my last Begin Again.  I have resigned my directing duties at the end of this year.  I can teach or I can direct, but there is no way I can do both again.  I'm exhausted--and a little bit of everything suffers.  (Who am I kidding?  A LOT of everything suffers!) 

All that being said, I am looking forward to this last show. 

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm sure it's bittersweet for you, but at some point you have to realize that it's time for someone else to step up, even if it's for your own sanity!