Thursday, January 2, 2014

Jackpot

New loves:

Lindt Lindor Truffles- And I can be completely satisfied with one.  They are rich and creamy and feel like a splurge.

Dillard's New Years Day sale:  Almost everything that is on sale is another 50% off.  Some things that aren't on sale are 30-50% off.  I don't need more Christmas decorations or kitchen gadgets; however, I was quite happy to buy two bras for $10 each and cute underwear for $2.50 a pair.  I looked at shoes, clothes, and purses and didn't find anything that I couldn't live without.  I probably saved $80 on my purchases.  I hate paying full price for undergarments, and I hate to shop for them, too. 

Shiraz wine-  a bit of a switch from my typical White Zin, Moscato, or Riesling. I guess I am branching out.

Zillow-  This is a great internet site and app to "window shop" for real estate or homes anywhere in the country. (I'm downsizing in my mind!)

Ski socks-  OK.  This isn't a new love, but wearing them when I'm not skiing is.  Warm feet, a cushion in boots...what's not to love?

Manicures and cute nail files.  Not only did I give up coloring my hair last year, but I also gave up my acrylic nails. (Stagecraft class with painting, etc. wasn't kind to nails.)  My nails are still in recovery mode.  (Acrylics are really hard on them.)  I splurged only once on a manicure with a hand massage, but nail clippers and nail files have been getting a workout. Keeping my nails short is a priority.

Sundried Tomato Basil Wheat Thin Crackers- I like sundried tomatoes period.  These crackers are delicious.

The recipe for Fool's Toffee-  A para gave me this little gem.  I made a batch and it was delicious and a hit with everyone who tried it.  Yum!

And that's what I am loving right now.

Oh, and I love these two munchkins!  Grandkids are quite fun.  I am in post-Christmas withdrawal.

No comments: