Monday, May 19, 2014

The Love-Hate Relationship

We'll start with the things I am hating right now:

*The end of the year rush to write and grade finals, figure semester grades, file papers away, and store supplies for next year.  I'm always glad when it's done; I just hate doing it.

*Hearing issues.  I say "excuse me" or "again" more times that I care to count.  And sometimes I just nod and pretend I know what they said.  My last hearing test was less than stellar. *sigh

 *Choosing textbooks.  This is our year to order. I hate this decision; we live with these books for 7-10 years. This is not something to take lightly--and yet it seems as if we don't have much time to study them, and we have to rush into a decision.

Lest you think it is all bad, these are the things that I'm loving:

*My Fitbit Flex. It monitors my steps and my sleep patterns and sends it all to an app on my phone.  It was a gift to myself on my birthday, and I love it.

*Zumba.  K and I have been doing Zumba at 5:00 in the morning on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The leader has chosen to teach a ReFit dance routine.  The dance is done to Hip Hop Christian music.  (Who knew I'd ever love Hip Hop music?  Not me.)  This class is a great way to start the day. 

*Jamberry nail wraps.  After I gave up the acrylic nails, I reverted to biting my nails.  These fun Jamberry wraps keep me from biting them.  (And yes, I can have some CrAzY nails now.)

What am I really loving?  SCHOOL IS ALMOST OUT!

OK. AND this song,  (I will never hear it without thinking of L's Kindergartners, starting the day dancing to this video. Well, they dance after reciting the Pledge of Allegiance and the school mission statement. Those kids have some moves!)


 

No comments: