Friday, August 8, 2014
In With the New
2. Interactive notebooks. I might be pulling my hair out, but I am jumping in (probably over my head) and having my students create these this year. Pray for me.
3. My "Information Station" is new--and so are the letters that spell it out.
The middle photo is simply a peak at my room from the door that students enter.
4. That sign "I am the Master of my Fate, I am the Captain of my Soul" was given to me by my sweet young colleague. Besides being sweet and young, we were also trailer mates. I use her as a sounding board, and she is always my "Go To" when I have questions. That sign will be a treasure for years. (My students have to memorize the whole poem every year.)
5. A bulletin board right behind my desk. Handy place for all the "keepers" that I acquire.
6. My old dorm size fridge died a couple of years ago. It was used when I inherited it from L. I splurged on a new one this year. It resides in my closet--and mainly provides cold water and keeps my lunch cold.
Oh yes. I have a walk-in closet. Actually, each classroom in the school has one. I keep forgetting that not every school has them.
And she was right, it is a very comfortable chair; however, she loves her new office chair. So.... I duct taped a few places where the stuffing was showing through and now have it in my room for when I conference with students or for my T.A. to use.
Oh, and still no air conditioning. A compressor has been ordered, but it won't be here until next Wednesday. Oh boy...! Actually, I am surviving. The halls are cold enough to keep my room bearable when I prop the door open!
And that's most of what is new from my room in Tiny Town High. Now, back to work!
Posted by Mrs. E