Friday, June 26, 2015

Crazy Facts

The Little Miss loves me (thinks I am her momma!) when I take off my glasses and talk to her.  I get all kinds of smiles and gurgles. With my glasses, she looks quite suspicious. Doubtful little thing!

Camel Back Crickets are back in my basement. They are better than bats, but a total nuisance. You can call me the Cricket Killer. D@#* things!

This is the summer of my former TAs (teacher aides) getting married. Tonight is wedding #4 of 5. Three of them were my TAs. (The other two were just former students from English Class.) Beautiful brides!

Who knew that water aerobics could be such a great workout? Using kick boards underwater as resistance for an arm workout is nuts!  And my arms are really feeling it.

As much work as I need to do at school, I haven't been there very often this summer.  Mainly, I work on days when K needs someone to watch the Little Miss while the principal momma puts in some summer work.

 
These photos are from a few areas of the room that I have been working on. It would go faster, but I spent most of yesterday looking for a box with some bulletin board things I needed.  I still have quite a bit to do. (California nieces, I am still hunting for the perfect place for that beach photo of the dance leaps. It always makes me happy when I look at it.) Next up? I'm hunting more black and white photos of movie stars.  Oh, and a visit to a teacher store for a new calendar and some borders.

The craziest fact of this summer? I am still getting up before sunrise. Sleeping in just hasn't been happening. Dad used to say that you miss the best part of the day when you sleep in. I think it is safe to say that I am getting all the best parts of the day!

No comments: