Friday, September 11, 2015

Knock On Wood

I'm almost afraid to say it: This year is off to such a good start.

Don't get me wrong- its hectic.  Grading to keep up with, three new classes to plan for, and another Sophomore English teacher to plan with all make for full days. But...

I like my students. Even the kids who don't love English are making an effort to learn and understand. English classes are fun. I'm beginning to think I have the "cream of the crop" where sophomores are concerned. (Though I know a couple of them have parole officers...! yikes!)

Drama, speech, and forensics keep me on my toes. That being said, we are falling into a pattern of teaching and performing. Hopefully, they will soon be performing on our small in-room stage for their friends and fellow students.

So far, I am loving this year and my new schedule. It almost feels like playing.

Let's hope I still feel this way come spring.

No comments: