Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

The weekend began with a Tiny Town High football win. They were out of town, so I followed them on Twitter and worked on school things from the comfort of home.

Saturday was my class reunion with dear friends. We had such a good time catching up. In the evening was our Alumni Celebration, which means that I saw so many people from my childhood, hometown church, and school years. Lots of hugs and memories were shared. I saw people I haven't seen in years.

Sunday, L and CB came from Big City with the kids.  We invited Dad and Grandma B up for dinner. K, CT, and girls joined us, as did the Judge and family. The grand kids had a great time playing. The three big ones made use of the neighbor's swing. Even the hot temperatures didn't stop them.

Monday, we went to Tiny Town's Labor Day celebration: 5k run and walk (we were cheering on), craft booths, and frog and turtle races. If it hadn't been so darn hot, it would have been more enjoyable. L and family left for home before the parade. Daddy CT stayed home with the Little Lady. (He made the sacrifice and missed the parade in 100 degree temperatures.) The Lady Bug and friends raked in enough candy to hand out at Halloween.

Everyone went home for air conditioning and naps. And now...

Grading.  What else?  I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. I really do. I just hate grading. And every English teacher I know would say, "Take a number."

Happy Labor Day!

No comments: