Sunday, September 20, 2015

Personal Day, Little Sis, Funeral Visitation and a Book

My Friday was a strange mix of a Personal Day.

The good? A cinnamon roll and coffee with Little Sis at the Little Big Brother's house before he went off to be the Judge. Little Sis and I headed to U town for a bit of shopping, a lot of talking, and sushi for lunch. She took off for the airport to pick up her husband, while I headed home to meet Little Big Brother for a trip to the hometown.

And that brings us to the not so good: My childhood classmate and Sunday School friend died of brain cancer earlier in the week. He and his family were part of our church family. LBB and I went to the visitation. We had time to visit with his siblings and their spouses. His diagnosis had come around the first of August. He didn't last long. As good as it was to see his sisters, I hated the reason for reconnecting.

The ugly? After rushing back home, I changed clothes to attend the Tiny Town football game in a neighboring town. The game was a bit of a stomping. And we were the stompees rather than the stompers. Sadness.

Saturday, the Mr. and I went to the U town football game. Nine hours later, we returned home. The U town team had won--finally. I like football, I just had a few too many hours in the sun. (I also gave quite a bit of cash to the vendors to keep hydrated. Wowsa!)

Sunday, besides a trip to the farm and doing laundry, I started the book A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson. Besides reading about his hike on the Appalachian Trail, I have laughed aloud several times. Bryson shares a wealth of nature, history, and even political information surrounding the trail. I suppose by the time I finish it, the movie will no longer be in the theaters. I might have to catch it on HBO or Redbox.

And now, I need to rest up for the week ahead. I'm starting with an Inservice day tomorrow. Not terribly restful but a change from the usual routine.

How is that for cramming a lot of unrelated things into one post? It's a good thing no one is grading me.

3 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a week you had Mrs. E.

I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

Hope this week is a good one for you ~ FlowerLady

Kim said...

Sorry for the loss of your friend, Mrs. E.

Thanks for the book recommendation. I am always looking for a good book to read.

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Maybe they were unrelated, but loved reading the post! BJB