Friday, January 1, 2016

One Word for 2016

I'm off to a sluggish start. This darn cold isn't leaving me.

I say that, and yet the tree and decorations are down. They aren't put away because I want to clean the area they are stored in. The Mr. is headed to the dump tomorrow, and I have quite a bit to send with him.

A couple of friends were talking about claiming a word for 2016. This seems to be a movement, and I like this better than resolutions. Since I am still weeding out areas of my home (the dresser drawers were overhauled this week), I guess the word for 2016 will be: cultivate.

Cultivate means to work at, dig, or weed; to grow, plant, or sow; to win, woo, or court; to improve, better, refine, develop, educate, or enrich.

All of the above.

And in pretty much every area of my life.

Cultivate. It's a good word.

"There is nothing we cannot achieve if we are willing to think, cultivate, and take mindful action." ~Master Cheng Yen

No comments: