Sunday, April 24, 2016

Hey, Fashion Designers!

I have about had it with clothes designers. When are the fashion designers going to realize that women need pockets in their pants, skirts, dresses, and jackets?

Men have always had pockets. Why is that? They have important things to carry and need their hands free. And women don't?

Women have had to carry purses, which is sometimes awkward or bothersome. (Don't get me wrong. I love a cute purse as much as anyone, but they aren't practical all the time.)

At work, we can't carry purses from room to room or desk to desk. And now with cell phones, women frequently find themselves with no place to carry the phone. I have taken to wearing my SPI running belt under dress clothes just to have a place to carry my phone. (We are supposed to have it on us at all times at school.)

I refuse to buy another pair of slacks that don't have pockets, unless I am sure I will wear a jacket with pockets every single time I wear the slacks.

And while I'm griping, it would be nice if they would make women's pockets deeper. There would be a better chance of things that I put in my pockets, staying in my pockets.

So.. there you have it. Fashion 101 from Mrs. E.

Think anyone out there is listening? Yeah, me neither.

No comments: