Sunday, March 12, 2017

Almost Spring Break

One. More. Week.

And I only have to survive Parent/Teacher conferences with enrollment/career plan individual conferences with advisory students and their parents, a Forensics Tournament on Tuesday night, and two lunchtime theater performances on Monday and Thursday. Whew! Throw in the Mr.'s birthday on Thursday and this is one heck of a week!

In the last few weeks, they asked Little Big Brother and me to direct the musical next fall. I haven't done that for three years, and I have never done it when I had three hours for speech and drama classes. (Six hours of English and directing a musical were not a great combination.) With a lack of singing boys, we have been racking our brains for some possible shows. My brain is on overload.

We also had 8th grade career/class pathway fair last week. In a short amount of time, I threw together a quick Speech/Drama/Forensics booth, complete with the news booth from the recent play. I'm so grateful for students who are great at celebrating these classes.

Yesterday, I spent some time at the farm. I haven't been out there in quite awhile. I think I am on the downhill side of this stupid cold/cough. Two months of it has been quite enough. Anyway, it was good to see Dad and Grandma B. When I left it was snowing.

And that is my week in a nutshell, well except the push to finish nine weeks grades, grading makeup work, and writing letters of reference for students completing scholarship applications. That was all fun...

Have I mentioned that I am really ready for Spring Break?

No comments: