Thursday, January 17, 2019

Work

Gratitude 365 #17

I am so grateful for work, for a job that comes with great expectations but also great rewards. Teaching can drive me absolutely crazy one moment and give me such a sense of satisfaction the next. One moment I can be prying a sticky gel hand off of my 20 foot ceiling (Don’t ask. Sometimes sophomores act like little kids.), and the next moment a student answers a question with wisdom and an intelligent, compassionate connection to a similar event in our society. (Any time they open their mouths, I have no idea what is coming out next.)

Teaching is exhausting and sometimes draining, but it also has given me the chance to be a part of some pretty incredible people’s lives. I can’t imagine doing anything else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Sometimes totally exhausted, but always ready to jump in and go!! BJB