Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Toast

Gratitude 365 Day #51

Today, I am celebrating the ultimate comfort food: toast. This happens to be my favorite breakfast food. An egg is ok, but I like it best with a piece of whole wheat toast. I also love toast and peanut butter. Add a bit of honey, and it is even better.

Toast really works at any meal. I turn toast into breadsticks with a bit of garlic powder and slicing the bread into strips. Grilled cheese? Toast. Tuna melt? Toast. You get the idea. 

As a kid when I was sick, mom would always bring me toast cut into party sandwich size. (Directions: cut one slice into two diagonal pieces, then cut each of those in half, making four triangle pieces.)  This was always the first thing my stomach could tolerate after I had been really sick.

So today I am grateful for toast and the comfort it brings. (My kind of “cooking” too!)

No comments: