Monday, August 24, 2009

A Tribute to Press 'N Seal

I fought Cling Wrap for 30 years. I usually had it stuck to itself while I was getting it out of the box.

Cling Wrap stuck to itself really well, but nothing else. I resorted to scotch tape sometimes, trying to tape it to some bowl that needed covered.

It never worked. About half the time, my Cling Wrap would blow across the parking lot on the way into some potluck.

Usually, just getting out the box would irritate me.

And then I discovered Press 'N Seal! I may never buy any other wrap again.

I can pull it out of the box, tear it, and only rarely will a corner end up stuck to itself.

As long as the container I want to cover is dry, this stuff sticks! It even forms a pretty tight seal. And I've never had to chase this wrap across a parking lot!

You can't see through it, but the fact is that if I know what is in the container, I don't need to see the contents.

I'm a convert.

And that is your commercial announcement for today, folks!

6 comments:

ELK said...

i'm a foil gal...i am afraid of the plastic wraps we do not get along either ;)))

Heidi said...

It's got to be better than double ziplock strip baggies. I can never get the zips aligned enough to get them both zipped up. I put a pic of one of those crummy bags on my Project 365 post from Sunday. Never buy those. I'll get some of this Press N Seal today.

Have a wonderful Monday at school. Next Monday is Labor Day- NO SCHOOL, right! Vacation again.

Puna said...

I can't stand the cling wrap either! Is this how you are bringing your lunch to work?

Gayle said...

I'll jump on the bandwagon, too! Plastic wrap is pretty much worthless. I'll have to see if they carry the press & seal at out warehouse store.

Brandi said...

I so agree with you!!! I must need remedial assistance when it comes to plastic wrap application!!! I have never been able to get it to work. When they came out with Press and Seal, I finally got something to stay covered!!! woo-hoo!!

Glad school is going well for you!

Pugelicious said...

I haven't seen that before - we have Glad Wrap - and I am technically challenged with it too. I shall be going out to the supermarket to see if I can find it.